Since I joined Twitter I’ve encouraged a number of friends and family to join. Here are a few tips for getting more out of Twitter.
- Install twhirl to allow for easier posting and following tweets (also allows cross-posting to Jaiku).
- Add your full name to your profile.
- Upload your photo.
- Add your ‘location’ & ‘one line bio’.
- Don’t select ‘protect my updates’ – Twitter is much more fun if you allow anyone to follow you.
- Set up your mobile number to send and receive tweets on your handset.
- Change the device updates option for your key friends so you get a SMS when they update.
- Change the background design for your Twitter homepage.
- Update regularly!
You can follow me here on Twitter.
And don’t forget to check out this video about Twitter.